Friday, August 26, 2011

The American Pies...Gossamer Moondancer's Extended Stay in Bend...















When Gossamer Moondancer arrived in Bend, I was very excited.  I could see right away that she was "for sure" a fairy.  I told her that the first thing that she would be getting was a pair of wings.I had some wonderful fiber paper to work with...but what could dear Gossamer do while I was creating...then it came to me.  A movie...so I rented the Wizard of Oz for her and I began to create.

She was very happy with the idea and loved the movie...she watched it many times as I created her wings.  She especially loved Dorothy's ruby slippers and asked if I could give her a pair.  Of course I said "Yes" and we applied the first coat of red paint to her dainty little feet as soon as I finished her wings.  It was then that my life became a whirlwind of "stuff" and I left her laying on my ironing board for several weeks...and couldn't give her any attention.








A very irritated Ms. Moondancer







Well, finally and at last, my life got back in order and I could give my attention to lovely Gossamer.  We glittered her ruby slippers and attached her wings.







Gossamer is very happy with her ruby slippers and wings finally finished



It was after this that she confided in me that she had a little secret.  After watching "The Wizard of Oz" so many times, she idolized Glinda the Good...and she especially loved her bubble and wanted one of her own.
I proceeded to make Gossamer a "magic" bubble wand.

This wand gives her bubbles on command...she can ride on them, in them or just enjoy looking at them.  The fun thing is that only she can see them.  I guess if you live in your own bubble, you might be able to see them.  I can.

She was delighted .  As we were getting ready to say goodbye and get her ready to travel to Lisa's in California, she told me that she might need some flying lessons and tips on how to use her new wings.










Chloe gave her some flying "tips" as they admired each other's wings!
I took Gossamer outside to practice and look...she is flying in my flower garden and making bubbles with her magic bubble wand.
Can you see the bubbles???

We decided to watch "The Wizard of Oz" for one last time together before she packed up to travel off to Lisa's.

Goodbye Dear Gossamer...Travel safely to Lisa!