Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Moonbeam finds her name in Florida

I eagerly awaited the arrival of the postman with my next project.  When the package arrived I excitedly opened the box to see my next traveling art doll.  This new doll arrived without a name.  I began thinking of inspiration for a name.  We watched the movie, Sarah Plain and Tall.  I loved that series of movies.  In the movie, Sarah helped a cow give birth and they named that calf, Moonbeam.  We decided that was the perfect name for this doll, Moonbeam.


During Moonbeam's stay, I made her a pair of paperclay boots.  I am new to working with paperclay and find I enjoy working with the clay.  After making the boots, I painted them a nice ivory and used paint and pens to show the laces.  I then made her bloomers from a chocolate colored silk which matched the color scheme that she seemed to be heading towards. 


Moonbeam enjoyed hanging out with some of my dolls.  She really liked this one.


This one scared her a little.


After planting some herbs it was time for Moonbeam to head to Paula's in Connecticut.  We enjoyed her stay and wished her well in her travels.  


Good luck on your Journey Moonbeam!

Mary
Starry Nites Farm